Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Butterfly Blocks, Quilt Tops & Felt Hearts

 

Julep & Derby
Coming to tell me it's time for dinner service.
I was cleaning my sewing room and decided to organize 
my overflowing box of 2-1/2" strips.
Instead of putting them neatly back in the box I decided to make
a few miles of binding for Outreach to use as needed.
These are the piles waiting to be measured and put into
individual bags which makes it super easy for
Chris to match binding with quilt.
Yellow Butterfly
At long last I finally made the butterfly block from the
book I ordered off Amazon two months ago.
There are several great patterns I plan to try.
While the designer sized these as baby quilts [or wall
hangings] all it takes is adding another two rows of
blocks plus a border to make them lap size.
Red Butterfly
I can't wait to put this little quilt together - it only takes
4 butterfly blocks and a few sashing strips and the top is done.  
This is the last quilt top using Backyard Happenings and it's
already in a bag for Outreach to finish.
50 Valentine's Day Hearts
Yes, I stuffed 50 little hearts into the basket.

There are 24 larger hearts mixed in with the palm sized hearts.
I do like the larger ones and I may make a few more for fun.
All the Monkey Business free fabric is now used.  I'm really
trying not to put anything back into my stash but to use it
up.  I tucked this one away in case I need it as a gift
one of these days.

1 comment:

  1. You're sure keeping busy. I love the butterfly block.

    ReplyDelete