Tuesday, March 3, 2020

 I know I post a lot of photo's of Julep and Derby lounging around
but believe me they are little barkers and get more than
enough exercise throughout the day.
 I need to order another big roll of batting as soon as
I see it on sale through JoAnn's.
 Julep on the National Parks fabric which I love.

Back or Front ... that is the question.
This is the fabric I picked for the back of the quilt 
which could actually be considered the front.
You know what they say ...  it's all in the eye
of the beholder.
I'll be giving this to my primary care doctor in a
feeble attempt for him not to yell at me for all 
the weight I've gained since my last visit.
I should probably add a batch of chocolate chip
cookies to the gift bag just for good measure.
 Scotties, Westies & Summer Flowers
I added this lap quilt today into a fund raising auction
to benefit the rescue of Scotties and Westies in
Oklahoma.  I hope it brings in a few good $'s for the cause.
 Close-up of the blocks.
 Little Horses
This lap quilt will be delivered to a former neighbor
who had a very unfortunate accident while riding.
From what I understand she didn't have her helmet
 strapped under her chin and was throw while riding
one morning prior to work.  The trauma to Marie's
brain was severe and Marie will never return home.
She is currently in a long-term care facility.
Another former neighbor {hi Nancy} saw I had made
a quilt using horse fabric and asked if I would finish it for
Marie.  It will be delivered tomorrow.  I decided
to use bright, happy, and spring colors which I thought
might brings a smile to Marie's face.


1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your former neighbor and how sweet of you to make her a quilt.
    I love seeing Julep and Derby lounging on your quilts. I do know how much barking and running around a Westie can do though :)

    ReplyDelete