Friday, November 13, 2020

Sewing for Gifts

First up ... Derby
Second up ... Julep
The two identical star quilts are for the twins who live up
the street.  The girls are so cute and will occasionally 
come down to pay me a visit.  It's usually to bring me a sticker
or to show me what they are wearing.  
Going back to the quilts ... 
what I changed to make them just a little
different was the outer border and the back fabric.  

I thought these would be the perfect size for their play room.

I made this pattern using identical fabrics for two poets
who greatly helped Wilson with the new issue of
the Delmarva Review.  They were surprised and very
grateful for their holiday quilts.

Made with leftover batik fabrics this one is going to the vet
who owns the practice that Dara works at.  She makes a lot
of YouTube video's and wears her heart on her sleeve.

Holiday masks for Dara to use at work.
This scrappy quilt went as a surprise to one of my Facebook friends.

This star quilt was sent as a gift to a baby girl who
is celebrating her first Christmas.  They have westies
so I used mostly dog fabric.

I found this fabric on sale so I purchased two yards.
This is a mask I made for myself and will probably make
a few more for the girls at my vet's office.








 

2 comments:

  1. Everyone on your gift list will be thrilled with these quilts. You do such nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was on your gift list for the Scottie Mask. I love all things Scottie.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete