Saturday, November 21, 2020

The Horse Quilt Kit & Happy Holidays Quilt

This is a kit I ordered from Hancock of Paducah to make for the
non-fiction editor that helps Wilson with the Delmarva Review.
He and his wife love horses so when I spotted this kit I
felt it was right for them.
I guess I didn't realize [or pay attention to the overall completed
size of this quilt] because it's a little on the small size.  I tried
playing with different fabrics I have in my stash to add a
border or two but didn't feel any of them worked  ... so I placed
an order for two different colors of horseshoe fabric that
I spotted on sale for $3.99 per yard.  My order has already shipped
so it should be here by next week.
Bottom of the Panel
The panel [pre-cutting] is beautiful but for some reason
the designer decided to use only used the top 18" of it
[that's what Julep is sleeping on].  The bottom of the panel
will be placed on the back of the quilt.
Happy Holidays
I woke up two days ago thinking of my relative {Karen} who
is a doctor at a veterans hospital in Virginia.  I felt she could
use a surprise so I pulled this panel and started working on the layout.
While I could have used the burnt red fabric from the back between the
light gray snow blocks I decided to do shades of gray.  I liked
this so much I could have kept it for myself ... but I didn't.
I like to do simple and fast lap quilts.
This seems like Karen and I hope she likes it and that the quilt
puts a smile on her face.  I can't even image what doctors
and nurses are going through now and especially those
working with the elderly.  I will mail it on Monday and
hopefully she will get it prior to Thanksgiving.
Like I mentioned previously ... 
This year has been a difficult year for so many reasons 
for so many people.   I like to think the little surprises
I send to friends will hopefully will lift their spirits just a little. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Both quilts are wonderful. They will certainly put a smile ont he faces of the people who receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete