Thursday, February 11, 2021

Sewing Room Update

When Deb and I went to Lancaster last I found this chicken panel.
The panel had 8 chicken blocks and I made 4 of them into
placemats.  I found the black and white print fabric in the same
shop.   I used it for the placemat border and napkins.  
The letterbox quilt is a pattern from my jelly roll quilt book.
I've made this layout before and alway loved the outcome.
The fabric used in this was leftover pieces from the small
top I wasn't sure what to do with several posts ago.
What makes this particular quilt stand out is the black with gold 
metallic accent fabric separating the blocks.
It is really lovely in person and the photo's just
don't do this quilt top justice.
The back fabric I picked has small gold metallic flowers
which are hard to see on this photo.
Since I had leftover [already cut] black and gold metallic fabric 
that I didn't want to shove in a box I pulled out some of
my 2-1/2" scraps and whipped this one up.  It's already
in the hands of Outreach to finish and pass on.
For this top I used a solid black fabric to separate the blocks
and just used the metallic in the center.

The star baby quilt I cut out several months ago.  I finally put
it together and now it's in my save box to finish in the future.
Today I'll be working on a scrappy quilt trying to get all my
leftover fabric under control plus I decided to 
add a few more rows to that small quilt [I couldn't decide
what to do with] ... all while I watch the snowflakes fall.
This makes me happy!
 

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy. All the quilt tops look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete