Sunday, May 29, 2022

More Pictures Around My Yard

 

The plant on the right with the small green heart shaped leaves is
an epimedium.  It gets tiny flowers in the spring and happens to
be one of my favorite plants.  These plants are hard to
find and are expensive.
The plant with the dark purple leaves is called 
huchera or coral bells.  They produce spikes of flowers 
in spring.  I have several varieties around the yard.
For fun I planted 2 packages of lupine seeds.  This plant 
grows for 1 year and blooms the second.  It produces tall
spikes of flowers and comes in array of colors.
What's left of the allium.
The kousa dogwood looks better this year.
Here are a bunch of pictures from our wildflower bed.
This bed marks our property line vs. the community
common ground area.  
Sweet Williams are the dark purple/pink flowers.

There is a ton of yarrow blooming.  Most of it is white
but there are plants that are a very pale lavender.

The goose wants food.
I spotted the first monarch butterfly flitting through the 
wildflowers.  I couldn't snap a photo quick enough.  The
swallowtail butterfly on the other hand cooperated.
Yarrow
Coreopsis

It's really had to get a decent picture of the entire bed.



Hollyhocks

The ducks like to hang out here with the goose.
Why ... because the bird seed I put in the feeders has
corn mixed in.  After I finish this bag of seeds
that's it until fall.  They will not be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment