Monday, September 12, 2022

Little Black Kitty Pillow & Quilt

 

Two years ago I purchased 2 black cat Halloween panels
with no plans.  This year I pulled them out, took
a picture, then sent the picture to Dara to see if the vets
she works at would like them as a fund raiser.
While they couldn't use them for that purpose Dara's
boss asked if I would be willing to make a quilt for
her to give to her sister for her birthday. 
The small pillow [above] was an impulse make from the
second panel.  It took me like 10 minutes to complete.
The back of the quilt with added pumpkin blocks.
I had the pumpkin block pattern for years.  
Now for the quilt front.  I had no pattern to follow
so I just made it up as I went along.  I didn't have
a lot of Halloween fabric in my stash so I was
sorta limited as to what I could do.
I'm planning to go to my sisters on Thursday so
this quilt will be at her house for Dara to pick up.
On Friday we're taking a trip to Lancaster
for a little fabric shopping.  I love looking at all
the Xmas fabric of which I do not need a single yard.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute panel. I like both the pillow and the quilt.
    Enjoy your trip to Lancaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great weekend and buy lots of pretty fabric. I love the cute pillow and quilt!

    ReplyDelete