Tuesday, December 20, 2022

97 for the Kids

 

This is actually the back to the quilt below.  I had extra blocks
leftover from previous quilts so they were incorporated into
the back of the plus and minus quilt [below].
This is the last quilt using this collection of fabrics.  I loved
working with "Beneath the Stars" because of the rich colors
 and detailed camp site scenes.  
This is the mate to the quilt made a few weeks ago.
The fish fabric came from the free table at a guild meeting.
This is the back to the Happy Camper quilt [below].
I ordered 2 of these panels and they came stretched out.
This meant I had to do trimming to get it to a usable point.
This panel came in the same order and was perfect.
The panels were on sale for $3.00 each!
This one was even more wonky that the other.
I got so frustrated I cut it up into sections and then added
the side panels and called it a day.
My guest bedroom bed with the stacks of quilts.
Here you see 93 - with the ones completed above = 97.
Goal is 100 before they will be packed away.
I have 4 quilts cut out and ready to sew.
. . . Progress Interrupted . . .
  I received a text message from Dara's boss asking
if I could make another Angel Cat quilt for a vet
in the office.  She offered to pay for it but I refused
the offer.  This lady does so much for animals I can't
even begin to go into all the stories of the animals she
saves and cares for in the clinic.  
. . . The Story . . .
There was a bidding war going on between two vets
in the office for the cat quilt.  Dara's boss won the quilt in
the end.  [If you remember I donated several quilts
for their yearly fund raising event.  These funds are used to
assist anyone that can't afford to pay for medical treatment
 for their animals - it's a good samaritan fund so to speak].  
She {the boss} gifted it to a lady who loves cats and
does a lot of work in rescuing them ... the other vet was
not happy because she wanted it ... thus the request.
It's my focus project for the next several days because
 I want take it into Baltimore on Christmas to give to Dara.
. . .  The Process . . .
While the angel cat quilt looks simple it's a very time
consuming project - all the fabric pieces need to be 
cut then sewn in sections - pressed - sewn to the
body - pressed.  Once the blocks are complete they get 
trimmed down then it's time to work on cutting out
 the cat heads.  Once they are cut I then use a special
paper that has glued on both sides to iron them onto
the bodies - that puts me into the home stretch.
I then sew around each of those little heads
so they are secure and wouldn't come off in the washer.
Then it's time to lay out all the blocks - sew those
blocks together then quilt and bind.
Happy Holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment